Homemade everything is life!
It’s been a journey finding creative and delicious ways to bring vegan-friendly recipes to life. It has made me more aware of the ingredients I use and what foods I intake. But on occasion, I do have my cheat days when I crave my sweets.
And I am such a sweet tooth! (Ugh…temptations)
So I gave in and turned my kitchen into a bake shop last weekend. From 6 batches of bread to 2 platters of granola, it was a test kitchen for sure. But my family, friends and students didn’t complain about the surprise treats. So we’re good!
So enough of the talk, let’s get to business. What’s baking? One word. NUTELLA!
Yes! Yes! Yes! Nutella is the STAR today!
It’s sooo good! I mean melt-in-your-mouth good! So grab that Nutella and let’s start baking up a batch to share (or for yourself – either works)!
- 2 Cups warm water about 110-120 degrees
- 1/3 Cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup homemade Nutella (vegan + gluten-free)
- Place sugar and water in bowl
- Sprinkle with yeast and let dissolve 5-15 minutes
- Add salt, oil and half the flour mix together.
- Add remaining flour. Change to dough hook and mix till its pulling away from the sides.
- Pull out onto lightly floured surface and knead shortly
- Place in greased bowl flipping to cover both sides.
- Top with saran wrap or damp warm towel
- Set aside in draft free area and let rise till doubles in size. About 1 hour
- Remove cover and punch down.
- Lay out on lightly floured surface and cut in half.
- Flaten out each half into rectangle.
- Spread Nutella in the center of each half.
- “Jelly” roll each half into a loaf.
- Pinch ends together and place in greased 9×5 bread pans.
- Repeat with other half.
- Cover and let rise till double in size about 30-50 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once double in size bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Pull out and brush top with butter.
- Let rest 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.