I said it before, and I’ll say it gain…Banana bread is magic!!!!! It’s been a while since I baked and my bananas were calling to me. So what did I decide to do this weekend?!
Bake. Bake. Bake.
I’ve done a few variations on banana breads but this time I wanted to take a few new spins on the ingredients.
Short and simple, and to the point. I love this new recipe for its added texture. Perfect for breakfast and even better for a healthy alternative to a mid-day snack, today’s indulgence is a Vegan, Gluten-Free Stawberry Banana Bread with Chia Seeds.
1 1/4 cups coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
4-5 medium strawberries, mashed
4-5 tablespoon chia seeds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup plain strawberry soy milk yogurt
1/2 cup coconut, olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line the bottom and two long sides of a 9-by-5 by – 3-inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each long side. Lightly coat with coconut, olive or vegetable oil.
2. Whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk the bananas, strawberries, chia seeds, brown sugar, agave, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract together in another medium bowl.
4. Gently fold in the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula until the batter is smooth. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
5. Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then lift it from the pan by the parchment overhangs. Allow it to cool completely on the rack.
6. Store the loaf in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.