Quinoa and chia seed, in brittle.
Naturally sweetened. Nutrient-dense. Protein-packed. Perfection.
Though I think this makes for a holiday treat, I made this as a year-round breakfast and dessert bite. Share it with family and friends; they’ll fall in love and crave for more!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, share a picture and tag me @jennybean_love on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with and your thoughts! Cheers!
- 1/2 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 5 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon dried coconut flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add quinoa, walnuts, oats, chia seeds, coconut flakes, and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, warm up the coconut oil and maple syrup for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into a thin and even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the baking sheet around to ensure even browning. Bake 5-8 minutes more.
- Let cool completely before breaking into bite-size pieces with a sharp knife or your fingers.
- Once cooled, store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!