Comfort food hits the spot every time! I love this simple yet hearty vegan pot pie. The best part? Only 10 ingredients. Simple spices, big flavors.
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn and green peas)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour (or sub other thickener of choice)
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat, then add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and a pinch of salt – stir. Cook until soft – about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir with a whisk, then slowly whisk in the broth.
- Add almond milk, thyme and stir. Simmer until the mixture is thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Once the sauce is thickened, add the frozen vegetables and cook for 4-5 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve on its own, with brown rice or vegan biscuits.