30-minute Chickpea Almond Sandwich with smashed chickpeas and roasted almonds in a simple dressing. Perfect for packed lunches. Light. Refreshing. Healthy Wholesome Goodness!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sub agave or honey if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 pieces whole grain bread, lightly toasted
- Sliced cucumber and tomato for serving (optional)
Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Bean and Basil Hummus
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (1-2 tablespoon)
- 3 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare garlic herb sauce and set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add almonds, mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt and pepper and mix with a spoon. Tate and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Toast bread (if desired) and prepare any other sandwich toppings you desire (cucumber and tomato).
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the pieces of bread, add desired toppings and sauce, and top with other two slices of bread.