To celebrate the holidays this week, I’m making one of my seasonal favorites. Browned in a crunchy, toasted pecan butter, these brussel sprouts are simply divine yet sophisticated!
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp margarine, vegan (i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Original)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat margarine over medium heat. Add pecans and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is fragrant.
- Add the brussels sprouts flat on the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Toss and brown the other side.
- Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spoon brussels sprouts into a serving dish and top with caramelized pecans.