No dish is quite as soothing as a hearty bowl of kale & brussel sprout soup. This one pot soup couldn’t have made the road to comfort any easier: Simply toss in the ingredients, cook for 20-30 minutes, and serve. I love this light yet hearty recipe, especially as the weather cools down.
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups of kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté the garlic and onions in the olive oil. Toss and cook until caramelized, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients in the pot, bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally, until kale wilts.
- Serve with crusty bread and a light dusting of almond parmesan.