If you’re craving pasta, this is the perfect weekend meal to cozy up to. All the veggies and fresh ingredients here won’t weigh you down post dinner. Sour cream and parmesan diary alternative add just enough creaminess and lusciousness to make this dish extra special.
- 6 tablespoon margarine, vegan (i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Original)
- 8 ounces mixed wild mushroom (cremini, shiitake, oyster)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces whole wheat gemelli pasta (i.e. Garofalo brand)
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 4 ounces sour cream, vegan (i.e. Follow Your Heart Sour Cream, Diary Alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheeze, vegan
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of margarine. Whisk constantly until it begins to bubble and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat once browning occurs and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, cooking until the mushrooms soften, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the pasta, swiss chard, stock, sour cream, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pasta have absorbed all the water, remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the reserved brown margarine. Stir in the parmesan cheeze and serve, adding more on top if desired.