Quesadillas are one of my favorite snack foods. They’re versatile, hearty and oozing with cheesy deliciousness. And thanks to the secret layer of smoky chipotle mayo on these wonders, you will never look at quesadillas the same way again.
- 4 tortillas, gluten-free
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 8 Field Roast Creamy Original Chao Cheeze Slices
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss zucchini, sliced onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, the oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise and chipotle chili powder. Set aside.
Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and increase the heat to 425°F. Drizzle one side of each tortilla with olive oil. Set 2 tortillas oil-side down on a baking sheet, and spread each with chipotle mayo. Top with some roasted vegetables and cheeze slices. Cover with another tortilla, oil-side up. Toast until melted and crisp ~ about 3 to 5 minutes per side.