I love pasta. Any pasta. With oodles of noodles and marinara sauce. Coated with delicate infused olive oils and tons of garlic and pepper. Dash it with spices and call it a day. I am —always and forever — a pasta girl. No shame in it. Not even a bit.
This is an exceedingly delicious, decadent pasta dish with all the vegetable galore and lots and lots of scrumptious carbs and herbs. It’s a cinch to throw together, and if you don’t have prepared Cajun spice in your cabinet, you can just create your own combination. One of the basics is cayenne pepper, paprika, white pepper, and garlic or onion powder. Get creative and adjust it to your spice level!
Just remember, part of the magic of this dish is the kick! So don’t wimp out and go all out!
- 4 oz linguine pasta
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine, vegan (i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Original)
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 16oz portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, and green onion. Saute and stir in the margarine for 4-5minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add the cream, Cajun seasoning, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Simmer until aromatic; about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Serve and enjoy!