When it comes to pumpkin, I’m all in. Pumpkin cake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin ice cream — and did I mention pumpkin gingerbread muffins?! I love them all! Today I’m sharing with you my latest obsession – Pumpkin Cranberry & Walnut Bread. The best part? It’s vegan and gluten-free!
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, gluten-free
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree, or just under two cups
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper, spray generously with non-stick baking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to fold all of the ingredients together. Fold in the chopped walnuts and cranberries (optional).
- Divide the dough between the two greased pans and sprinkle with a few walnut pieces. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let rest in the pans for 20-30 minutes, then carefully transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Cool until it reaches room temperature. Serve and enjoy!