May your belly be full and your laughter authentic. May your sleep be peaceful and your mornings magical. May your presence be so radiant that it is contagious and spreads like wildfire.
And finally, may your food be simple and clean. Always.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30ml)
- 1 large onion, chopped (225g)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups carrots, chopped (540g)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger (30g)
- 6 cups veggie broth (1.4 liters)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (175ml)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Once it has reached a boil, turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the coconut milk.
- In a blender, blend your soup in batches until it’s creamy and smooth (Place a kitchen towel on top of the blender and use caution when blending in case any of the hot soup jumps out).
- When soup is completely blended and back in the pot, add salt and pepper to taste.