My friend Carina confirmed the wonders of this week’s recipe. “Um…This stroganoff is amazing,” she said, “I’m like OMG this is so good!” This mushroom stroganoff is quick and easy, creamy and delicious without all the diary and fat.
This creamy vegan mushroom stroganoff recipe savors the aromatic mushroom flavor, giving it a rich and decadent stroganoff taste you grew up with. This vegan dish is also great for anyone wanting to try add a punch to their veggies, tofu or rice plate.
- 8oz uncooked egg-free ribbon pasta
- 1/4 cup margarine, vegan (i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Original)
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced
- 16oz portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 gluten-free flour
- 1 cup sour cream, vegan (i.e. Follow Your Heart Sour Cream)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onions until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring vegetable broth to oil. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Whisk in flour until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in sour cream on low heat and serve over hot ribbon pasta. Enjoy!