Comfort food hits the spot. Simple and to the point, mac ‘n cheese is a staple favorite that every food blogger will likely stumble upon. Today’s unique rendition is a Healthy Vegan & Gluten-Free Green Chile Mac ‘n Cheese.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hatch green chile, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, roasted and finely diced
- 1/4 cup sweet or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked quinoa elbow macaroni*
- 1/2 roasted, peeled and pureed hatch green chile
- 3.5oz vegan jalepano habanero cheddar
- 3.5oz The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats vegan cracked pepper chèvre
- Season with salt, to taste
- Season with fresh ground pepper, to taste
** Try The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats vegan jalepano habanero cheddar and/or vegan cracked pepper chèvre for this recipe.
- Roast the green chile and bell pepper over open flame until charred on all sides. This brings out the aroma and sweetness, and produces a great smoky flavor. Set aside to cool, then finely dice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the diced green chile, bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and sauté for another minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the cooked macaroni, green chile puree, vegan jalepano habanero cheddar and cracked pepper chèvre. Store gently until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.