What to make for dinner? The struggle is real isn’t it?
Well struggle no more, friends, because today’s recipe is a Vegan, Gluten-Free Eggplant Lasagna is here (and they’re crazy delicious).
Easy to make and bake, this hearty dish packs all the creamy deliciousness of ricotta for vegan lovers. It is seriously satisfying and makes for a healthy meal with all the notes and flavors you love of a traditional lasagna.
If you love Italian food as I do, then you’ll savor the veggie-packed, protein-rich, comforting and luscious flavors of this dish. Make this the perfect weeknight or weekend meal when you want something little extra special. And better yet, these reheat well the next day for leftovers!
- 2 eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch lengthwise
- The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats vegan ricotta
- 2-3 cups marinara/tomato sauce (here is mine: Homemade Vegan Chunky, Tomato Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Salt and pepper eggplant slices on both sides, and brush with olive oil.
- Arrange slices on 1-2 baking sheets in an even layer and bake in oven for 13-15 minutes. Set aside and reduce heat to 375 °F.
- Remove the eggplants into a separate plate, and set aside.
- Pour about 1 cup mariner sauce into an 8×8 baking dish and reserve the rest of the tomato sauce for topping serving.
- Scoop generous amounts of vegan ricotta onto each eggplant slice, and pour the remaining tomato sauce over.
- Spread a generous amount of vegan parmesan on top of the eggplant lasagna mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with additional vegan parmesan cheese and fresh basil. If desired, serve over brown rice or vegan, gluten-free pasta.