Salads are made for summer – big, leafy green salads filled with all the great produce the season has to offer. And, yes, obviously, I mean zucchini, tomatoes and eggplant. Need I mention blueberries and mangoes?! Oh, the glorious dishes you can make with these!
Since I create and share new recipes every week, this week I am excited to highlight Vegan Summer Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze Kale Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette. Two key components make this dish: The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats‘ Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze and Blueberry Vinaigrette.
The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats‘ Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze is a vegan cheese made with all natural, non-GMO, plant-based ingredients. Produced from cashew nuts, probiotic and Himalayan mountain salt, this fresh, light creamy cheeze highlights the sweet and tart notes of lemon, lavender and bee-free (vegan) honey.
Paired with my homemade blueberry vinaigrette, the Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze marries wonderfully together. Toss them over a baby kale salad with your favorite produce and you’ve got a summer hit at the table!
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby kale
- 3 tablespoon The Sanctuary at Soledad’s Goats‘ Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, white vinegar, agave and extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the baby kale, yellow and red bell pepper, zucchini and onions. Plate the greens as your base, scoop in the Lemon Lavender Chèvre Cheeze and drizzle with blueberry vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!