This popular dressing can be prepared in so many different ways – thin and vibrant or rich and creamy! I like my green goddess dressing a bit creamy, bold and with plenty of green herb flavors. For this recipe, I used a creamy avocado and plenty of fresh parsley and cilantro.
- 1/2 large avocado
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (alternative subsitutes: walnut, hemp or macadamia)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, raw
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- Freshly ground pepper and sea salt, for taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, blend all until smooth.
- Serve over green blends like kale, arugula, spinach and/or butter lettuce. Crisp greens like romaine and iceberg add for a nice crunch. Chopped veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds marry well with this dressing.