I said it before, and I’ll say it gain…Banana bread is magic!!!!! Since I last made my Vegan, Gluten-Free Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Walnut Truffle Crumble, I have created new variations to spice up the traditional banana bread.
Short and simple, and to the point. I love this new recipe for its added texture. Perfect for breakfast and even better for a healthy alternative to a mid-day snack, today’s indulgence is a Vegan, Gluten-Free Cranberry Coconut Walnut Banana Bread!
- 1 1/4 cups coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut, olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line the bottom and two long sides of a 9-by-5 by – 3-inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each long side. Lightly coat with coconut, olive or vegetable oil.
- Whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the bananas, walnuts, dried cranberries, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, agave, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract together in another medium bowl.
- Gently fold in the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula until the batter is smooth. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then lift it from the pan by the parchment overhangs. Allow it to cool completely on the rack.
- Store the loaf in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.