Last week, I shared my Gluten-Free BBQ Spiced Vegetarian Tofu Quinoa Pizza, which was perfect for vegetarians and gluten-free lovers! It was delicious! HOWEVER… it was not vegan or plant-based! Why? One of the main ingredient’s in 12 Health Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Mix is egg whites.
For my vegan and plant-based friends, that was such as bummer! But, don’t fret! As promised, here is my new creation: Veggie Delight Pizza using my Homemade Rustic Chunky Tomato Sauce and Cauliflower Crust! With all the wholesome goodness without compromising the heartiness of a pizza!
This week’s recipe is perfect for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free lovers and plant-based followers! Thin cauliflower crust brings an earthy, neutral base with crisp, savory notes of oregano and basil. Try it with my Vegan BBQ Sauce or with my Homemade Rustic Chunky Tomato Sauce, and electrify your palette with wonders of bold, rich flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 2 flax eggs
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Microwave or sauté cauliflower rice for two minutes or until browned
- Set aside in a mixing bowl until cool to handle
- Add in and mix the remaining ingredients until desired “dough” texture
- Spread the “dough” onto a greased piece of parchment paper and form 2 (8″) pizzas
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and add your toppings. Put the pizza back in under the broiler, on low, for about 2-3 minutes, or just until everything is heated through.
- Enjoy and serve!