BBQ spices bring smoky deliciousness to every bite. This Gluten-Free BBQ Spiced Vegetarian Tofu Quinoa Pizza is packed with flavor and protein for every veggie lover! Even if you aren’t vegetarian, this recipe is life-changing and easily substituted for your own taste!
All ingredients listed below are vegan and gluten-free, with exception to the 12 Health Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Mix, which contains egg whites.
Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
Pizza Base & Toppings
- 1/4 cup 12 Health Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup of tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup brussel sprouts, shaved
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together whisk together the ingredients listed for the Vegan BBQ Sauce. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the 12 Health Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Mix and water until dough is thickened.
- Pour and evenly spread the mixture into a medium saucepan to create a thin base crust. Cook for 3 minutes on each side and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté the tofu until each side is golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté the brussel sprouts, bell peppers, onions, salt and pepper for 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in the tofu and cook for another minute. Remove and set aside.
- Generously spread the Vegan BBQ Sauce over the pizza base, and add on your toppings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!