Tofu is one of my favorite proteins to add into my diet, and paired with my love for spices, this Vegan Thai Coconut Curry with Tofu is surely one to satisfy your every craving!
- 1 package extra-firm organic tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup mini portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/5 cup ginger, sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Season tofu with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick pan, coated with the olive oil, sauté the tofu until lightly browned and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the same nonstick pan, sauté onion, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, ginger, and garlic for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the coconut milk, water, curry powder, salt and pepper, and bring to boil.
- Toss in the cilantro and sweet basil, and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu, and serve over a bed of brown rice*.
*I love mine with brown rice and quinoa. If you are gluten-free, try tossing this over cauliflower fried rice!